Thrilling. Nerve-Racking. Exhilarating. Sports gambling is changing the landscape of how we take in our favorite sports. Every possession matters. Every point matters. Placing a bet on a sporting event is a sure fire way to get your blood pressure up. This article will run you through how you can begin placing wagers on sports.
Sports gambling is the new wave across the country, as 20 states have currently given sports books the green light to begin operations. This is a new development, due to courts overriding the Professional Amateur Sports Protection Act of 1992. All mobile apps will track your location and only allow wagers if you are in an approved state. You must also be 21 or older to place a wager. Below, I will show all the states sports gambling is legal in, and which sports books have been approved.
States With Sports Betting Approved
- Arizona – Fanduel, WynnBet, Bet MGM, Ceasers Sports book, Betrivers, Barstool Sports book, and Draftkings
- Colorado – Fanduel, WynnBet, Bet MGM, Ceasers Sports book, Betrivers, Draftkings, SI Sports book, BetFred Sports, BetWay, MaximBet, theScore Bet, Barstool Sports book, William Hill, and twinspires Bets
- Connecticut – Fanduel and Sugar House
- Illinois – Fanduel, Betrivers, Draftkings, Barstool Sports book, William Hill, and Pointsbet
- Indiana – Fanduel, WynnBet, Bet MGM, Ceasers Sports book, Betrivers, Draftkings, SI Sports book, BetFred Sports, BetWay, MaximBet, theScore Bet, Barstool Sports book, and twinspires Bets
- Iowa – Fanduel, WynnBet, Bet MGM, Ceasers Sports book, Betrivers, Draftkings, UNIBet, BetFred Sports, and Barstool Sports book
- Florida – Hard rock Sports book
- Michigan – Fanduel, WynnBet, Bet MGM, Ceasers Sports book, Betrivers, Draftkings, FOX Bet, Points Bet, Barstool Sportsbook, and twinspires
- Montana – Lottery Run
- Nevada – Bet MGM, Ceasers Sports book, WynnBet, and Golden Nugget.
- New Hampshire – Draftkings
- New Jersey – Draftkings, Bet MGM, Ceasers Sports book, Sugar House, Fanduel, Points Bet, Barstool Sports book and UNIBet
- Oregon – ScoreBoard
- Pennsylvania – Bet MGM, Betway, Betrivers, Fanduel, Draftkings, FOXBet, UNIBet, Barstool Sports book and twinspires
- Tennessee – Bet MGM, Fanduel, Ceasers, WynnBet, Draftkings, Barstool Sportsbook, and twinspires
- Rhode Island – Sports book Rhode Island
- Virginia – Fanduel, Bet MGM, WynnBet, Ceasers Sports book, UNIBet, Draftkings, Barstool Sportsbook, and Betrivers
- Washington DC – Bet MGM, and William Hill
- West Virginia – Bet MGM, Fanduel, Ceasers Sports book, Draftkings, Pointsbet, and Betrivers
- Wyoming – Betrivers, Barstool Sports book, and Fanduel
These are the 18 states that allow sports betting via a mobile app. Which mobile app to use is up to personal preference. There are several other states that have legalized in person betting, but have not opened up mobile app wagering yet.
States With In Person Sports Gambling Legalized
- Arkansas – Oak lawn Racing Casino Resort
- Connecticut – Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun
- Delaware – Dover Downs Casino, Delaware Park, and Harrington Raceway Casino
- Mississippi – Beau Rivage Casino, and Gold Strike
- New Mexico – Santa Anna Star Casino
- New York – Rivers Casino, Tioga Downs Casino, Point Place Casino, Yellow Brick Road Casino, Turning Stone Resort, Del Lago Resort, and Resort World Catskills.
- Washington – Muckleshoot Casino, Tulalip Casino, and Emerald Queen
These lists are very fluid and new sports books and casinos get added frequently. Each state has different limitations on wagers that can be placed. For example, in several states, wagering on in state college sporting events in illegal in many states. All states will likely have legalized options for sports betting in the next 2-3 years.
Now that you are know where you can bet, you need to know the nuts and bolts of how to bet. Click the button below to head to lesson 2.
|Team||Opening Spread||Current Spread||Current Total||Predicted Score||Predicted Line||Spread Bet %||Total Bet %||O/U||Predicted Total||Sharp Spread Rating||Sharp Total Rating|